THE ECONOMIC TIMES OIL AND GAS SUMMIT 2018
Potential / Scope of the Summit
These facts demonstrates the importance of the Oil & Gas Sector in India. But the need for The Economic Times Oil & Gas Summit comes from the following points which are a serious threat to the growth path of this industry:
The oil and gas industry is amongst the six core industries in India. This industry is a major factor for the growth being witnessed in the Indian economy today.
The natural gas and petroleum sector, which is inclusive of refining, transportation, and marketing of these products, contributes about 15% to India's GDP.
India is rising as a potential refining hub because the capital costs are lowered by 25–50% here in comparison to other Asian countries.
A surge in the automobile market has led to investments for extending the petroleum sector. India is the 3rd-largest market for automobiles worldwide and thus, the need for more petroleum and petroleum-based products is on the rise.
The power and fertilizer sector uses 66% of the total gas produced. The demand for gas is set to grow; thus, the natural gas share in the overall mix is projected to rise from 8% to 20% by 2025.
- Price of oil and gas is the primary factor in deciding whether a reserve is economically feasible. The higher the geological barriers to easy extraction, the more price risk a given project faces.
- Many of the easy-to-get oil and gas is already tapped out, or in the process of being tapped out. Exploration has moved on to areas that involve drilling in less friendly environments - like on a platform in the middle of an undulating ocean.
- Infrastructure and transportation that contributes to ease of import and export of oils. Operations take a lot of capital and time to get going.
- Being one among the largest importers of oil, India’s relationship with leading oil production countries like Iran, Iraq, U.A.E, and Russia matters.
- Rising global demand, highly volatile prices and increasingly stringent environmental regulations and optimizing the performance of its industrial base assets.
- Shortage of talent. Skill sets in this industry are highly specialized and difficult to develop and acquire.
Being the change agent, it is important for The Economic Times to not just discuss on the subject but to design the agenda in a way that it brings the world onto one platform to find actionable solutions that promises to bring in a change. Our focus will be to create a platform that opens up scope of new business models, forms of partnership and deployment of new forms of technology. In this exclusive Summit we shall explore the prospects of Upstream and Downstream Segments and Ancillaries; focus on how the exploration industry continues to grow in India & discuss the opportunities for India as a Global Front-runner in Oil & Gas. We will also deliberate on how India can reduce its dependence on import of Oil and use its own resources.
The Economic Times Oil & Gas Summit | New Delhi
09:30 - 10:00
Registration & Networking
10:00 - 10:05
Welcome Address by ET Edge
10:05 - 10:15
10:15 - 11:45
Inaugural Session: Inventive Initiatives: Transforming India
Address by Key Government Representatives & PSUs
11:45 - 12:00
Tea/Coffee & Networking
12:00 - 12:45
: Expediting Exploration: Overcoming Technical & Technology Challenges to achieve Operational Excellence within Boundaries
Hydrocarbon exploration is a vital part of the E&P cycle and global operators have always echoed its importance as a continuous, expensive and a high-risk taking endeavour that is a must to warrant the longevity of its very existence. Days of easy hydrocarbon are understood to have disappeared. In the past, exploration efforts had targeted oil and gas accumulations trapped in conventional high porosity reservoirs including sandstones and carbonates. The session will understand the current scenario, challenges and solutions from the Upstream players and Oil Field Services Companies.
- Understanding Petroleum Systems to Reduce Uncertainty
- Lead and Prospect Assessment—A suite of measurements and/or technical studies designed to identify leads and prospects, the challenges, and to determine whether the technical and commercial risks justify drilling a first well.
- Play Identification and Evaluation—Analysis to detect geologic plays within a basin that may encompass sufficient hydrocarbon volumes to justify further investment.
- Prospect Appraisal— Once an initial well has identified a working petroleum system with the discovery of hydrocarbons, further work will involve integrating the measurements to generate a comprehensive reservoir model.
- Opportunities with Shale Gas/ Shale Oil
- Scope of deep water excavation and exploring oil rich mainland
- Understanding excavation Impact on environment
- Shift in investment patterns to ensure the future
12:45 - 13:00
Standalone Presentation: Role of LNG in making India a Vibrant Gas Market
Performance of LNG Terminals, Planned investments in the LNG segment, and emerging opportunities in developing India as terminal hub
The presentation will broadly speak about LNG Terminals, Pricing Issues, Access through LNG, Policy Matters, City & Auto Gas distribution. We will explore the current status, on-going and upcoming projects and the sector in next 10 years
13:00 - 14:00
Lunch & Networking
14:00 - 14:45
: Beyond Boundaries: Breaking Barriers for Resource Optimization
Government’s efforts are directed towards early monetization of the existing and new discoveries and undertake initiatives through DGH, to open up new areas by conducting speculative surveys, reprocessing legacy seismic data and promoting exploration acreages. With this said, it is noteworthy that with time the role, functions and responsibilities have transformed and evolved significantly far beyond the scope initially envisaged. Through this panel the experts will addresses the issues and challenges involved in the optimization of resources across boundaries. The panel will discuss and not limited to:
- How can India ensure security through access to hydrocarbons?
- Attracting more E&P investments & improving mature field operations & production ratios
- Import implications on the Economy
- Factors determining the scope of exploring opportunities beyond boundaries
- Partnership opportunities and scope of collaborative cooperation between upstream and downstream players for optimization of resources
14:45 - 15:00
Spotlight: International Casestudy on Partnering for Better Future
Presentation by neighbour oil rich countries presenting collaboration opportunities, scope of joint excavation, resource optimization and skilling labours that promises to contribute to the growth of the sector and the country
15:00 - 15:30
: Future Fuels: What will drive the growing demand of India?
The demand for petroleum and it’s by products are every rising. The country is also among the top 3 consumers of oil in the world. Such the demand and yet given the low production base, the country remains a net importer of energy. Taking a cue from this, it is important to explore and implement alternate source of energy. Biofuel and Hydrocarbons can play a role here by not replacing petroleum completely, but to help in forming a well-adjusted energy resource with the most benefit and reducing the burden on crude oil. The panel will address to how alternate fuel can complement the need of hydrocarbons? What are the shifting patterns in Demand and how ready are we?
- The alternate sources of energy
- Scope of Methane Hydrate as future fuel
- Can Electric vehicles reduce the dependency on hydrocarbons run vehicles?
- Future with Coal-Bed Methane and Coal Gasification
- Opportunities with Distributed Power & Fertilizers – Can fuel the Economy?
- Progression in LNG and CNG
- Biofuels & Biodiesel
15:30 - 16:15
: Smart Strategy Session: Monetising Assets
The oil price is lower than it’s been since 2009. And contrasting to all notions, many predict the price to remain low. This increases the challenge for engineers and others trying to efficiently monetise hydrocarbon resources.
This session will consider the many urgencies and challenges facing effective expansion: balancing surveillance, drilling and convenience costs, short term production optimisation vs. long term recovery and how to effectively phase a project in a capital constrained environment. But, of course, the challenge is not limited to project improvement. Many aspects need to be poised, including commercial, technology and regulatory challenges as well as the role of exploration in this environment.
- How to cope up with oil prices?
- Ways to reduce Capital cost & Operational cost – Learnings
- New Operating Models being adopted by the World
- New innovative solutions by Equipment manufactures to reduce cost and up the production
16:15 - 16:45
: Out of the loop - Changing Business Dynamics
The race for technologies and innovations that help operators cut development spending or operating expenses and thereby bringing stability in the price of petroleum by products. This session will focus on:
- Billion Dollar Digital Frontline Exploration Technology
- Using Stimulation to understand the carbon below ground
- Transition from Gas Lift to Electric Submersible Pump Technology
- Production Enhancement Opportunities
16:45 - 17:00
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- To understand the opportunities and challenges in the Oil & Gas Segment.
- To get a broader scope bringing the whole value chain together and hear from Industry Experts and Thought Leaders.
- Explore new form of business partnerships and technology to watch out for.
- Expand your knowledge of the latest Business Models, Strategies and Best-Practices prevalent in the Industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Heads and Decision authorities of companies carrying products and services which cover every aspect of the Oil and Gas industry including the following:
Exploration and production technology
Oil and Gas Regulators
Construction and engineering equipment
Geological, geophysical and reservoir evaluation technology
Pipeline engineering and equipment and Gas processing equipment
Environmental protection and pollution control
Offshore Platforms Suppliers and Services
Oil & Gas Training and Business Solution Providers
Oil & Gas Contractors